This is the Communal Establishment Residents table (KS405) from the 2011 Census. The table provides data on the number of communal establishments and the number of residents in communal establishments.
The communal establishment categories in the table are:
- All communal establishments
- All usual residents in communal establishments
- Medical and care establishment: NHS: General hospital
- Medical and care establishment: NHS: Mental health hospital/unit (including secure units)
- Medical and care establishment: NHS: Other hospital
- Medical and care establishment: Local Authority: Children’s home (including secure units)
- Medical and care establishment: Local Authority: Care home or other home
- Medical and care establishment: Registered Social Landlord/Housing Association
- Medical and care establishment: Other: Care home with nursing
- Medical and care establishment: Other: Care home without nursing
- Medical and care establishment: Other: Children’s home (including secure units)
- Medical and care establishment: Other
- Other establishments
- Establishment not stated
Data is for Parishes in Milton Keynes. Some Parishes have been added together by the Office for National Statistics due to their size. These are: Calverton, Fairfields and Whitehouse Emberton and Chicheley Lavendon and Warrington Newton Blossomville, Clifton Reynes and Cold Brayfield
The 2011 census in England and Wales took place on 27th March 2011. It provides a snapshot of the population and its characteristics on that day.
Further information about the census estimates, including details about the methodology is available here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/census/2011/index.html
Identification Number: KS405-Parishes
Authoring Entity: Office for National Statistics (ONS)
Producer: Milton Keynes Council
Copyright: © Crown Copyright 2013
Date of Production: 2013-03-20
Communal establishment – A communal establishment is an establishment providing managed residential accommodation. ‘Managed’ in this context means full-time or part-time supervision of the accommodation.
Usual resident – The main population base for outputs from the 2011 Census is the usual resident population as at census day 27 March 2011. Although the population base for enumeration included non-UK short-term residents, this population is analysed separately and is not included in the main outputs from the 2011 Census. All outputs, unless specified, are produced using only usual residents of the UK. For 2011 Census purposes, a usual resident of the UK is anyone who, on census day, was in the UK and had stayed or intended to stay in the UK for a period of 12 months or more, or had a permanent UK address and was outside the UK and intended to be outside the UK for less than 12 months.