This is the Ethnic Group table (KS201) from the 2011 Census. The table provides data on the ethnic group of usual residents. Data is for England, regions and districts.
The question was: What is your ethnic group?
- White: English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British
- White: Irish
- White: Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- White: Other White
- Mixed/multiple ethnic groups: White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed/multiple ethnic groups: White and Black African
- Mixed/multiple ethnic groups: White and Asian
- Mixed/multiple ethnic groups: Other Mixed
- Asian/Asian British: Indian
- Asian/Asian British: Pakistani
- Asian/Asian British: Bangladeshi
- Asian/Asian British: Chinese
- Asian/Asian British: Other Asian
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: African
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: Caribbean
- Black/African/Caribbean/Black British: Other Black
- Other ethnic group: Arab
- Other ethnic group: Any other ethnic group
The 2011 census in England and Wales took place on 27th March 2011. It provides a snapshot of the population and its characteristics on that day.
Further information about the census estimates, including details about the methodology is available here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/census/2011/index.html
Identification Number: KS201-NRD
Authoring Entity: Office for National Statistics (ONS)
Producer: Milton Keynes Council
Copyright: © Crown Copyright 2012
Date of Production: 2012-12-11
Ethnic group – Ethnic group classifies people according to their own perceived ethnic group and cultural background.
Usual resident – The main population base for outputs from the 2011 Census is the usual resident population as at census day 27 March 2011. Although the population base for enumeration included non-UK short-term residents, this population is analysed separately and is not included in the main outputs from the 2011 Census. All outputs, unless specified, are produced using only usual residents of the UK. For 2011 Census purposes, a usual resident of the UK is anyone who, on census day, was in the UK and had stayed or intended to stay in the UK for a period of 12 months or more, or had a permanent UK address and was outside the UK and intended to be outside the UK for less than 12 months.