This is the Economic Activity table (KS601) from the 2011 Census. The table provides data on the economic activity of all residents aged 16 and over. The table includes figures for persons, males and females.
The categories include:
- Economically active: Employee: Part-time
- Economically active: Employee: Full-time
- Economically active: Self-employed
- Economically active: Unemployed
- Economically active: Full-time student
- Economically inactive: Retired
- Economically inactive: Student (including full-time students)
- Economically inactive: Looking after home or family
- Economically inactive: Long-term sick or disabled
- Economically inactive: Other
- Unemployed: Age 16 to 24
- Unemployed: Age 50 and over
- Unemployed: Never worked
- Long-term unemployed
Data is for estates and settlements in Milton Keynes. The data has been calculated by population weighting Output Area data to the estate boundaries; the results are therefore Milton Keynes Council estimates based on 2011 Census data. Data for Medbourne estate includes Woodhill prison.
The 2011 census in England and Wales took place on 27th March 2011. It provides a snapshot of the population and its characteristics on that day.
Further information about the census estimates, including details about the methodology is available here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/census/2011/index.html
Identification Number: KS601-estates
Authoring Entity: Office for National Statistics (ONS)
Producer: Milton Keynes Council
Copyright: © Crown Copyright 2013
Date of Production: 2013-03-20