This unemployment dataset provides figures for modelled ILO (International Labour Organization) Unemployment for districts in England. Figures relate to 2007-2013.
- Official estimates of unemployment are produced by ONS based upon the ILO (International Labour Organization) definition. A separate series – the claimant count – measures how many unemployed people are claiming unemployment-related benefits.
- ILO Unemployment is a count of jobless people who want to work, are available to work, and are actively seeking employment. The ILO definition is used internationally, so comparisons between countries can be made, and it also allows for consistent comparisons over time.
- The district results are modelled results based on the Annual Population Survey and the claimant count. It is subject to sampling differences confidence levels are added to this dataset.
- Regional results are from the Annual Population Survey.
- Blank values denote missing or suppressed data.