The Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 (IMD 2010) is a measure of multiple deprivation at small area level. It is based on the idea of distinct dimensions of deprivation which can be recognised and measured separately. These are then combined into a single overall measure.
- Average Score Population-weighted average of the combined scores for the SOAs in a district.
- Average Rank Population-weighted average of the combined ranks for the SOAs in a district.
- Local Concentration Population-weighted average of the ranks of a district’s most deprived SOAs that contain exactly 10% of the district’s population
- Income Deprivation This domain captures the proportion of the population experiencing income deprivation.
- Employment Deprivation This domain captures the proportion of the population experiencing employment deprivation.
Identification Number: IMD2010b
Authoring Entity: CLG
Producer: Milton Keynes Council
Copyright: © Crown copyright 2010. Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of the Controller of HMSO.
Date of Production: 2004-09-06