The Indices of Deprivation 2000 are measures of multiple deprivation for every ward and local authority area in England. It is based on the idea of distinct dimensions of deprivation which can be recognised and measured separately. These are then combined into a single overall measure.
- Income Deprivation This domain captures the proportion of the population experiencing income deprivation.
- Employment Deprivation This domain captures the proportion of the population experiencing employment deprivation.
- Health Deprivation & Disability Identifies areas with relatively high rates of people who die prematurely, whose quality of life is impaired by poor health, or who are disabled.
- Education, Skills & Training Measures education deprivation among children and adults.
- Housing This domain identifies people living in unsatisfactory housing and homeless. It does not include information on poor quality public sector housing.
- Access This domain aims to measure access to essential services, particularly amongst those on low incomes.
- Child Poverty Index A sub-set of the income domain indicating the proportion of children under 16 living in means-tested benefit households.
Identification Number: JD138Sd
Authoring Entity: Office of Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM)
Producer: Milton Keynes Council
Copyright: © Crown copyright 2003. Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of the Controller of HMSO.
Date of Production: 2004-09-06